Thursday, May 31, 2012

Doing Something//Best Song

Welp, I've received my very first rejection letter. I checked my email this evening and found this:

Thank you so much for your interest in Paper Lantern Lit! We feel sure that your work has merit and potential, but unfortunately we don’t see a fit for any of our projects at this time.
All the best of luck with your writing future,
The Editorial Staff
Paper Lantern Lit


I'm not quite sure how to process this right now, I've kind of got this weird wiggly cold feeling in my stomach. I was expecting it, I think. I picked a different kind of writing that is not exactly common, especially nowadays with the obsession over Dystopian stories. So, well, as my friend said, it's a rite of passage. *sigh*

What I originally started this post for was to update you on what I'm doing for my writing (so as to distract me from no reply, haha). Right now, I'm editing an old NaNoWriMo story I call New Syra, and tomorrow, I'll be picking up where I left off to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo. :) This is where I'll be disappearing to for the next month or so.

As an apology, I pulled up a very short snippet, something I wrote when I caught one of my favorite songs on the radio (it always seems to be better, even if you have the CD, to catch it on the radio, like fate is smiling).


Best Song

I turn the music up, my favorite song, and feel the bass pulse in my chest like a heartbeat, as if my heart as become too large for myself - as if I have so much more to live for than what I have here with me.

I press my back closer to the beat, trying to meld myself with it, become that intoxicating thrum - if I can join it, I can be so much more, something that stretches across time.

No comments:

Post a Comment